Tag Archives: Xmas

Christmas Blogs and Solstice Celebrations

Posted by Mrs Addleton in 100wc | Tagged | Leave a comment

Merry Christmas Bloggers,

Please blog about anything you like over the holidays.  It would be special to hear about the magical things you are doing or fantastical things you might be imagining.

Be good 😉

Mrs Addleton


Christmas prompt

Posted by Poppie in 100wc, Learning | Tagged | 1 Comment

I’m doing the same thing as last weeks blog and guess what it is ……. It’s a factual blog and the message is that again google is doing 80% of it and I’m doing 20% of it. So here we go…

 The first recorded date of Christmas being celebrated on December 25th was in 336, during the time of the Roman Emperor Constantine (he was the first Christian Roman Emperor). But it was not an official Roman state festival at this time. Christmas, Christian festival celebrating the birth of Jesus. The English term Christmas (“mass on Christ’s day”) is of fairly recent origin. The earlier term Yule may have derived from the Germanic jōl or the Anglo-Saxon geōl, which referred to the feast of the winter solstice. Christmas is celebrated to remember the birth of Jesus Christ, who Christians believe is the Son of God. The name ‘Christmas‘ comes from the Mass of Christ (or Jesus). A Mass service (which is sometimes called Communion or Eucharist) is where Christians remember that Jesus died for us and then came back to life.

Christmas is a contraction of “Christ’s Mass,” which is derived from the Middle English Cristemasse, which in turn comes from the Old English Cristesmæsse, a phrase first recorded waa-aay back in 1038. Hanging stockings out comes from the Dutch custom of leaving shoes packed with food for St Nicholas’s donkeys. He would leave small gifts in return. The tradition of putting tangerines in stockings comes from 12th-century French nuns who left socks full of fruit, nuts and tangerines at the houses of the poor.Boxing Day gets its name from all the money collected in church alms-boxes for the poor.The first commercial Christmas cards were commissioned by civil servant Sir Henry Cole in London in 1843. Featuring a family drinking wine, one sold for £8,469 in 2014. yay



That is this the blog and remember I only done 20% of it and google done the rest (80%). byeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

I did”t realise they could fly

Posted by Olivia in 100wc, Learning | Tagged | 1 Comment

I have a pet dog and cat  I did”t realise they could fly oh no. I said Olivia and my mum  and dad and chairly  will we do I dot no said mum to Olivia.We took the cat and dog to the vets oh no said the vets wot will we do I do”t no said the vets but he mad a respy and it fixt it.

chritmas day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Katelyn in 100wc, Learning | Tagged | 1 Comment

I was so  excited about Christmas Eve is the season and the year has gone by.We are so happy and we decided are Christmas tree and we decide the house ready for Christmas .My mum is the best mum in the whole wide world.We open are presents and we got what we wanted for Christmas and got dress and we went out we went to my Nan house for Christmas and we are having lots of fun and we had dinner .